Intern: Emerging Leaders
This internship will be hybrid* (mostly virtual with some in-person days).
Each year, the Chicago Council on Global Affairs selects a highly competitive cohort of Chicago’s up-and-coming professionals to participate in the Emerging Leaders Program. This program is a global affairs training and leadership development program that provides an expansive platform for selected leaders to deepen their fluency in and exposure to global affairs and policy.
The intern performs a variety of tasks including
- Researching and identifying potential preparatory materials for Emerging Leader meeting sessions
- Updating an Emerging Leader community database, including editing job changes and areas of expertise
- Conducting media monitoring on the Emerging Leaders community for the monthly community newsletter
- Analyzing pre-and post-meeting session knowledge gains
- Managing the database through data entry, pulling reports, and ongoing maintenance in Salesforce
- Drafting social media posts to share program content and support application recruitment
- Other tasks as assigned
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Demonstrated interest in the Council's leadership development programming
- Keen attention to detail
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Experience with marketing and/or organizing events and fundraising preferred, but not required
*We require anyone entering our office to be fully vaccinated. You are considered "fully vaccinated" two weeks after completing the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after receiving a single dose of a one-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen).