Intern, Development: Corporate Relations
Interns on this team will have the unique experience of gaining knowledge of the business community while also learning about global issues affecting businesses and corporations around the world.
This internship is virtual
The Corporate Relations team is responsible for engaging companies in Chicago, the Midwest, and beyond, and fundraising through membership and sponsorship opportunities for corporations. Interns will have the unique experience of gaining knowledge of the business community while also learning about global issues affecting businesses and corporations around the world.
This intern will work under direct supervision from the Assistant Director, Corporate Relations.
The intern performs a variety of tasks including:
- Researching and compiling briefs on companies’ operations, CSR priorities, financials, and executives
- Conducting corporate membership and sponsorship prospect research
- Preparing weekly news summaries of corporate members, sponsors, and prospects
- Managing corporate membership and sponsorship information in the database
- General data entry
- Pulling reports/formatting in both the database and Microsoft Excel
- Helping to identify opportunities and companies to connect with the Council’s work
- Other tasks as assigned
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Demonstrated interest in corporate relations, fundraising, and development
- Fundraising/development experience and global affairs and/or business coursework is preferred, not required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal information and exercise discretion
- Strong research, editing, and writing skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Experience with Salesforce database is preferred, not required