Intern, Development: Membership
This intern will participate in professional fundraising development in a very hands-on way by participating in research, meetings, and correspondence.
This internship is virtual
The Intern, Membership works closely with members of the major gifts team on everyday fundraising activities. They will be able to participate in professional fundraising development in a very hands-on way by participating in research, meetings, and correspondence. They will also learn how to navigate a donor database efficiently.
The Intern, Membership will work under direct supervision from the Individual Giving Officer and Membership Coordinator.
This intern performs a variety of tasks including:
- Maintaining the donor database (Salesforce)
- Conducting research and creating profile reports on prospective and current donors
- Documenting interactions between Council staff and the organization’s constituents
- Preparing research briefs on upcoming Council programs and speakers
- Completing daily administrative tasks
- Other tasks as assigned
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student
- Demonstrated interest in major giving and donor relations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal information and exercise discretion
- Strong research, editing, and writing skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Salesforce database is preferred, not required