1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heat Warning

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by rowd, Aug 8, 2007.

1. rowd

rowd Spark Maker

I was working outside changing a service today for about six hours. When I got home I was lethargic, numb, and couldn't think too well. I took my temp. and was surprised at a 103* degree reading. Jumped in the shower to cool down and then water and juice.

I've never come that close to Heat Stroke before.

Be careful out there. It's wicked.

2. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Yeah, I'm running into some wicked heat over here as well. Even 80 MPH doesn't help......much.

3. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

It's nasty here, too, 102F and near 100% humidity.

4. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

You must be getting more heat than we are up here in Lake County, Rowd. It's not even 80 degrees right now. Humidity is is at 75% and rising. Looks like another round of storms about to hit shortly.

5. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I just drove from Carol Stream back to Milwaukee, and it was amazing to see the temperature difference.

When I started driving in Carol Stream, the car said 91 degrees. By the time I got to the Abbot Labs campus it was down to 82, and by the time I got to the north shore of Milwaukee it was 78. Plus, the humidity is much less here at home then it was out in Carol Stream.

6. MNeedham73

Heh, drove right by me, Gregg.

7. tke711

Didn't you see me wave? :)

I almost started a MOAB thread about the friggin construction going on in Chicago-land right now, but figured it's that way every damn year so why bother. :)

8. MNeedham73

LOL I'm at the southern end of the construction starting at Grand Avenue on I-94. I just laugh at the people sitting out there in the mornings.

9. tke711

What gets me is that they are working on I-94 from the boarder down to Gurnee and say it's to help with congestion.

Hell, that's not where the congestion is....it's from Gurnee south...not Gurnee north!!!!

10. MNeedham73

It's all going to get widened from 6 to 8 lanes eventually.

11. tke711

Great....so what...about the next 10 years or so will suck ass?

12. MNeedham73

lol can't remember how long it's going to take...several years, but I don't think it'll take 10 years to go from the state line to Half-Day Rd, where it's 8 lanes already.

13. tke711

No, it will only take 4 years, but by then it will be time to repave the northern portion. Then when that's done, it will be time to repave the southern portion. Around and around we go.

I really do need to invent teleportation. :)

14. MNeedham73

Yeah I wish you'd hurry up with that :p

15. tke711

Just need investors. Send your money!!!!! ;)

16. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

17. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

18. tke711

Can I blame Bush for all the damn construction in Chicago as well? :)

19. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

SURE! It's what he is for!

20. MNeedham73

Like you cheeseheads have room to talk with all of the freeways in downtown Milwaukee torn to hell lol. I'll blame Bush for that too :)