1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fight the Power!

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, May 24, 2009.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

And here's why...
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=awtQr3leXiOk&refer=worldwide

Notice the arrogance? The sureness of the oil drug problem? We really need to step up alternative fuels.

Unfortunately, I was riding out today and it's like there was no gas crisis. So many new SUV's, etc... it's nauseating.

2. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

3. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Gas has risen, inexplicably, from around $2.15/gal to $2.45/gal during the last month. No reason at all.....

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Still acceptable to Americans I guess?

5. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Evidently. We continue to conserve wherever possible.

6. m1taylo

m1taylo Full Member

The story I heard somewhere is that the refineries are cutting back on production. That is the cause for the rise in price.

now to put on my CT hat

I wonder if this is our government managing supply to drive oil back to $75/barrel in support of Saudi and a few other turd world places. It would keep oil profits high thus keeping the cash coming in from Oil executives and Saudi princes to the politicians. I can think of quite a few "friends" of the government that would benefit from the oil at $75. That includes many defense contract companies.

7. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Are we switching from winter blend to summer blend right now? I forget when that idiocy starts, but it does happen every year.

8. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I thought the switch was over, at least in this area.

9. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Probably is...was just trying to think of a reason for the increase other than OPEC and the industry playing games.

10. Andrey

Andrey A man who sold the world

The nuclear power could hardly be a long-term solution.

By estimations, the total uranium reserves (with actual consumption) will be depleted in 80-100 years.

It a little bit much than oil, compared with gas reserves and much less than the coil ones.

11. dsl987

dsl987 Member

OPEC - certainly, they openly admit trying to get the price of oil back up to $75.

There certainly is not much money being made in the refining industry right now. If you need proof, the biggest US refiner is predicting a loss of around $250 million in Q2

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Valero-forecasts-2Q-loss-will-apf-15418230.html?.v=1